Intermodal Fleet Manager - Ocala
- - Operations
- Ocala, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, 401k and Company Resorts
ABCO Transportation is seeking a Intermodal Fleet Manager to effectively manage their fleet of trucks by building positive relationships and coaching drivers for success. The Dray Manager will serve as driver's supervisor and work to achieve optimum driver and customer satisfaction.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs, coordinates and supervises the activities of drivers to ensure productivity of both drivers and equipment
- Responsible for weekly truck revenue from assigned driver locations.
- Responsible for 3rd party chassis and container storage, per diem and demurrage management.
- Responsible for assigned full fleet of tractors and drivers including ensuring optimum overall performance
- Ensure on-time pickup and delivery performance, hours of service compliance and cost control
- Ensure drivers have an adequate understanding of all details of customer and company expectations on every load at point of dispatch
- Daily accounting of all assigned tractors and drivers
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of transportation industry standards and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with Ramp and Port Operations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Chassis Management programs.
- Knowledge of and experience with Intermodal Rail Providers, SSL's and Drayage Operation.
- Ability to manage others, problem solve and work in and remain calm in high-pressure situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external staff and business partners
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Intermediate computer skills required including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Prefer previous experience with McLeod Software
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently; Spanish a plus
Summary of Experience and Education
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 2 years driver and/or fleet management experience.
- Minimum 2 years in the Intermodal, Rail, Drayage, port or Steamship line industry.
- Previous Truckload transportation experience a plus
ABCO Transportation is a trucking company based in Florida that specializes in nationwide truckload, drayage and refrigerated shipping. ABCO has become a leader in the transportation industry by offering our customers the latest in technology while staying ahead of the constantly changing demands of the marketplace. With our responsible team of caring professionals, GPS mobile communication, cutting edge technology to state of the art equipment we are always ready to meet the ever changing needs of our customers.
We offer a competitive wage with benefits.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page